Applicable if you are currently serving or retired Armed Forces personnel, Paramilitary Forces personnel, or war widow.
For serving or retired Armed Forces and Paramilitary personnel, the offer is also applicable for their spouse and dependent children. Valid photo ID and relevant military (Armed Forces, Paramilitary Forces, Ex-serviceman, Spouse, Dependent, or War widow) ID must be present at check in. Passengers failing to provide ID will be denied boarding. Conditions Apply.
Armed Forces Discount is not applicable for bookings where travel is within the next 7 days.
Flying Solo Service
3. Pregnant Women
4. Safety Assistants
5. Customers with Sensory Impairment
(C)Visual & Hearing Impairment
6. Service Dog
7. Mobility Assistance
8. Wheelchair users or Customers using wheelchairs, Crutches / braces / other prosthetic devices
9. Spinal Support Equipment (SSE)
10. Traveling with broken limbs
11. Passengers with Psychiatric or Emotional disorders
12. Passengers having Autism or Intellectual Disability
13. Internal Devices
14. Portable oxygen concentrators( POC)
15. Customers with certain adverse medical conditions
16. Customer Grievance Redressal
17. Frequently asked Questions
Seating accommodation & aircraft accessibility for passengers with a disability:
· We will do our best to allocate you a seat that is most suitable to your needs, movable armrest for easy accessibility to the seats However, in order to meet the safety requirements of the DGCA, passengers with mobility issues which make it unsafe to facilitate aircraft evacuations will not be given a seat in a location where they would obstruct emergency exits, impede the crew in their duties, obstruct access to emergency equipment or hinder aircraft evacuation in case of an emergency. To allow us to provide the best assistance, please provide us with as much information as possible at the time of your booking and or at the time of check-in
· A lavatory with a single panel door and additional grab bar is available on all our aircraft. Our cabin crew can provide assistance moving to and from the lavatory door(same as above), but will not be able to assist the customer inside the lavatory.
For safety reasons, children above the age of seven (7) days and under the age of two (2) years as on the date of travel are regarded as Infants. In the event of a failure to produce a valid proof of age for the Infant, full fare as applicable on the date of travel will be payable for the Infant and the infant will be allowed to travel only subject to availability of seats.
· No extra seats may be booked for Infants.
· Infants cannot travel in their own seat and must be seated in an adult's lap.
· A maximum of one infant per adult is allowed.
· For infants not occupying a seat a fee, as mentioned in Annexure A, per sector is applicable and is inclusive of all taxes including but not limited to applicable service tax, fees and surcharges.
· Infants are permitted a baggage allowance for hand Baggage only for a maximum weight of 7Kgs
Children above the age of two (2) and below the age of twelve (12) years are regarded as Minors. Children aged between the ages of 2 and 5 must be accompanied by a companion aged 18 years or more.
A child's journey under Flying Solo Service
As a child, travelling alone can be an exciting experience but a parent would need to know and be assured that the child will be taken care of.
IndiGo may, at its sole discretion, accept unaccompanied minors, that is, children aged above5 and below 12 upon payment of an additional fee as mentioned in Annexure A per Sector:
· Please make the child available at the airport at least 2 hours prior to departure.
· A parent or guardian is required to complete a signed form (click here to download the form) at the point of check-in at each departure airport prior to travel, which must include the name and contact numbers for a parent or guardian (above the age of 18) who will meet the unaccompanied minor at the point of arrival;
· Valid photo-ID for both the unaccompanied minor and the parent or guardian is required at the point of check-in;
· A staff member will take the child to the aircraft where our cabin crew will then look after them.
· The parent or guardian must remain at the airport until the flight has departed.
· During the flight our cabin crew will keep an eye on the child and will make sure that they have everything they need.
· Do not worry about the meal, as it is included on our Flying Solo program.
· To make sure that the child has a comfortable flight, the parent is requested to pack medication, warm clothing and a favorite toy or game in their hand baggage.
· If the stopover at transfer station is less than 6 hours and if the child is booked through out on IndiGo, we shall be able to accept the child under Flying Solo Services.
· If the stopover at transfer stations is more than 6 hours and/or involves night halt and/or transfer is on other airline except IndiGo, we shall not be able to accept the child under Flying Solo services. In such cases child must be accompanied by someone who is above the age of 18 years in age.
· When the flight arrives, our ground staff will accompany and assist the child through the airport arrivals process.
· We will only release the child to the care of the nominated adult, after checking their photo ID as per the details mentioned in the form
· Please be available at the arrival hall at least 30 mins prior arrival to receive the child
Age of child
Availing Flying Solo
Under 5 years
Flying solo is unavailable, the child MUST travel with someone over the age of 18 years.
Book Flying Solo and can travel on all flights
The child can travel alone or we would be happy to offer Flying Solo service.
3. Pregnant Women We understand that pregnancy is not a medical condition unless there are known medical complications which can endanger the life of mother or the fetus.
· In case of normal pregnancies, expectant mothers till the end of 27 weeks of pregnancy may be permitted to fly on IndiGo flights provided there are no prior complications.
· Fit to Fly Certificates (by the treating obstetrician) dated not more than three days before the date of travel is a must only if :-
✓ Pregnancy is between 28th till the 32nd Week
✓ In case the customer has declared any prior complication
Expectant mothers beyond 32 weeks of pregnancy shall not be allowed to travel.
A Safety Assistant is any able-bodied person who assists the customer with disability to exit the aircraft in case of an emergency evacuation, or to establish communication with cabin crew for the purpose of the required safety briefing.
Who can be a Safety Assistant
Seating of the Safety Assistant
Examples of requirement of a safety assistant:
We at IndiGo are highly committed to passengers’ safety and convenience and making the best of efforts to ensure that all our customers experience the finest of services on board our planes. Having said that, it is pertinent to mention here that our airline is still in an evolving stage. We have learnt to interact with persons with disability flying with us, however, we are still learning, constantly exploring, and finding ways to serve our customers better.
At this stage, we are trying our best to gain expertise and competence, thereby enhancing our teams’ awareness & customer handling skills.
In order to make your journey comfortable, we solicit passengers’ support and cooperation. For a passenger travelling alone, should be able to perform the following activities independently:
For certain passengers we express our special concern and insist that they travel with a companion. Generally, the passengers who are likely to need a companion are those who:
5.Customers with Sensory Impairment –
(A) Visual Impairment
· If assistance is required within the airport, customer or his representative shall intimate IndiGo about the type of assistance required prior to the departure.
At the airport
· IndiGo would request Customers with Visual Impairment to check-in early for their flight for a hassle free experience If customer declares independence in mobility within the airport and doesn’t require any staff for assistance, the customer must ensure to be present at the designated boarding gate at the boarding time advised to him verbally by the staff.
· Also note since some the airports are silent airports there would not be any sort of announcements made.
· The customer is welcome to board the aircraft at leisure; however if requested to the staff at the departure gate, the customer will be able to board first, the staff at the boarding gate shall assist you in boarding first.
· Every IndiGo aircraft comes equipped with Safety Briefing Cards printed in Braille for our customers who have vision disabilities.Our cabin crew will read the meal menu options, identify food items and placement on the tray and assist with opening the food package upon request. . Our cabin crew will not be able to provide any assistance in feeding such customer
(B) Hearing Impairment
(C) Visual and Hearing Impairment
✓ Fasten and unfasten your seat belt
✓ Take out and put on your lifejacket
✓ Leave your seat and get yourself to an emergency exit (this does not need to be by walking)
✓ Put on an oxygen mask
✓ Establish communication with crew with regards to safety briefings and react to safety instructions
If you are required to travel with a companion, IndiGo will sell them a ticket at the same fare as that paid by the first passenger, even if rates have increased in the meantime. It may also be possible to find another passenger on the flight willing to take the role of an accompanying person for emergency purposes but this cannot be guaranteed6.Service Dogs:
When to inform:
· Customers with sensory impairment intending to travel with their guide dog, should make their reservation via the IndiGo call centre and provide us notice of at least 48 hours prior to departure, that a guide dog will be travelling.
Seating of the guide dog
· Please note that guide dogs for our sensory impaired customers shall not occupy any seat.
· Customers with guide dog will be seated on the first row.
· The customer must produce complete and valid documentation including but not limited to identification cards to prove that the guide dog is a service animal and has all valid permissions including confirmation that it is trained from an appropriate institution
· The certificate of vaccination of the guide dog shall be produced at the time of check-in.
Hygiene/travel requirements of a guide dog
· The customer is required to bring a moisture absorbent mat, to place it under the guide dog. Further, the guide dog should be properly trained, restrained, muzzled and vaccinated
· A guide dog may be denied boarding or removed from the flight if, IndiGo in its sole discretion decides that the animal cannot be contained by the customer or otherwise exhibits behavior that poses a threat to the health or safety of others on board.
· Customer shall be fully responsible for the guide dog. A meet and assist service can be provided, if assistance is required at departure and on arrival, on prior request
Only for International:
· If travelling into India or out of India, the guide dog must meet the requirements of the destination country
7. Mobility Assistance:
· IndiGo would be more than happy to provide a wheelchair as per your requirement. In order to ensure the service meets your needs, our reservation team or the airport staff may ask you some questions to determine the level of assistance you require.
· IndiGo wheelchair service is provided with an attendant at no additional charge to you. The attendant will assist in transporting you within the airport area and to the gate or the aircraft door (depending on the airport facilities).
· Our team is trained in transferring techniques and can assist if you are unable to transfer by yourself from the wheelchair to/from your seat;
· Whilst we will do everything we can to help our customers to their onward flight, they are requested to be aware that there might be a delay in assisting them during busy periods.IndiGo shall not be liable for any such passenger missing onward flights, we would always advise them to factor in delay times when making their travel plans.
· Our employees are trained to assist our customers with disabilities and for any sorts of limitations, we offer a wide variety of Special/Disability Assistance.
· Please be aware that there might be unpredictable circumstances such as weather or mechanical problems that may call for a last minute unavoidable change, but we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
· If you are travelling in a group of 10 or more people and require wheelchairs, please contact 0124 6613838 at least 48 hours before scheduled departure
· Please contact us either through this web site or by contacting our agents on 0124 6613838
IndiGo does provide the following facilities to its Customers with reduced mobility:
· Assistance in moving to and from seats; and
· Help in preparation for eating.
However, we express our inability to provide customers with any assistance for personal care needs on-board, such as, eating/drinking, administration of medications, assistance inside the lavatory, or other personal care needs. If assistance is required with any of these, we recommend a Safety Assistant.
8. Wheelchair users or Customers using wheelchairs, Crutches / braces / other prosthetic devices:
· We want our customers to be as comfortable as possible on their IndiGo flight. Our staff will be pleased to discuss their needs, so call us and we'll help you plan your travel
Traveling with own wheelchair
· If customers wish to check-in their own wheel chair, IndiGo shall provide assistance to dismantle and/or reassemble the wheelchair under the supervision of the customer. However IndiGo shall not be liable for any damage arising while handling the wheelchair. Such checked in wheelchair will be returned to the customer at the destination airport
· If the customer wishes to use their own wheelchair at the airport, they are permitted to do so up to the aircraft, whereupon it will be stored in the hold area.
· In the event of loss or damage, mobility aids or any equipment relating to the disability which are placed into the checked are luggage is not covered for anything more than the maximum liability under IndiGo’s Conditions of Carriage.
· We recommend suitable travel insurance for any equipment carried along
· Customers are allowed to use their own crutches, braces and / or other prosthetic devices up to the aircraft, and may board withsuch items as hand baggage, provided the customers are dependent on them.
· Customer with a disability may use their own manual powered wheelchair till the aircraft door
· Unfortunately electronic powered wheelchair(s) with a wet-cell battery shall not be accepted since it’s corrosive in nature and is considered to be a ‘’Dangerous Good’’
· Unfortunately electronic powered wheelchair(s) with lithium or non spillable battery shall not be allowed beyond the check-in counter, due to security reasons
· Electronic wheelchairs will be dismantled at our check-in counters and the customer needs to carry something to seal the battery terminals to avoid damage to the battery
· We have wheelchairs available for use at all airport locations to assist with transportation from check-in to the boarding gate, making connections (if applicable) and from the aircraft to the arrivals hall at the destination. Customers can request this service when making their booking, and upon arrival at the airport they can notify one of our airport service agents about their wheelchair requirement. For an hassle free experience customers shall notify IndiGo at least 48 hrs prior departure
· If a customer is travelling without safety assistant, IndiGo shall be happy providing below mentioned assistance:
✓ will be able to extend a meet and assist service to the customer to assist in boarding, deplaning, flight connections and check-in / transfer / reclaiming of checked-in bags.
✓ stowing their hand baggage
✓ opening any parts of customer’s on board meal.
✓ on board individual safety briefings if requested by customer
· IndiGo regrets its inability to assist with following,
✓ assist the customer with personal care and toileting needs before, after and during the flight.
· If the wheelchair has been stowed in the hold, we'll make every effort to return it to the customer as close to the aircraft door as possible. If this is not possible, we will make sure there is a wheelchair available to assist customer to the baggage reclaim area
We can arrange assistance between the gate and the arrivals hall if the customer would like this service. Depending on the airport, this will either be by electric buggy, airport wheelchair or accessible buses.
9. Spinal Support Equipment (SSE):
· Customers must bring their own spinal support equipment and should be fully responsible for installation, usage and removal.
· Customer-supplied spinal support equipment will be carried free of charge.
· If you are planning to travel with Spinal Support Equipment, we recommend that you please contact us on 0124 6613838 , at least 7 (seven) working days prior to departure and inform us of your SSE specifications.
· Our Engineering team will then check to ensure that your equipment can be accommodated safely in the aircraft.
10. Travelling with broken limbs
· All customers with a mobility problems such as fractured legs in plaster or paraplegics will preferably be allocated seats which will allow maximum space for their comfort, subject to load factor
· All customers with limbs in plaster casts shall preferably be accommodated in seats near toilets and floor level exits provided with slide/raft (not emergency exit row seats).
11. Passengers with Psychiatric or Emotional disorders:
· Passengers with psychiatric or emotional disorders shall always travel with a safety assistant.
· The safety assistant shall carry the treating physician’s certificate along with a prescription for a sedative medicine, which may be administered by the attendant, prior to commencement of travel or as may be required en-route.
12. Passengers having Autism/ Intellectual disability/Dementia / Alzheimer's and Down syndrome :
· Customerswith Autism/Intellectual disability/Dementia/Alzheimer's and Down syndrome need to book their flights at least 48hrs prior departure by call our call centre at 09910383838
· While making the reservation, please advise us about your specific requirements and the best way to approach and assist in travel
· Autism/ Intellectual disability/Dementia / Alzheimer's and Down syndrome customers will be given time to settle in their seat before other customers board the aircraft.
· Our customer service and cabin crew team will provide all the assistance required other than the ones provided by a safety assistant
Assistance, upon request, from the ticket counter till the aircraft seat shall be provided . In addition, meeting their family member at the gate upon arrival is also available. These requests need to be made at the ticket counter at check-in. The name of the person picking up the customer must be communicated at the time of check-in as well.
13. Internal Medical Devices:
· If you are travelling with an internal medical device, such as a pacemaker or a defibrillator, kindly inform us while making the reservation and also at the airport, to the security personnel conducting your screening, before the process begins.
14. Portable oxygen concentrators ( POC)
Only Portable Oxygen Concentrator (“POC”), approved by Federal Aviation Administration (“FAA”) is permitted on board IndiGo flights either as checked-in or hand baggage, free of cost, subject to following conditions being met:
· A request for carriage or use of the POC on board being made by the Customer to IndiGo a minimum forty eight (48) hours in advance from the scheduled departure time;
· POC should not cause any interference with the electrical, navigation or communication equipment on board;
· Passenger carrying the POC on board must comply with all security requirements and instructions communicated by the Crew, from time to time;
· Passenger alone will be solely responsible for packing, assembling, dismantling or facilitating administration of POC both on ground and on board. IndiGo will under no circumstances be liable or responsible for the same.
· Notwithstanding anything contained herein, IndiGo, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse carriage of the POC, if it is likely to endanger the safety of the aircraft or of any person;
If POC is to be carried as checked-in baggage:
· For safety purposes, Customer must ensure that the POC prior to check in is empty and free of pressure. Thus, if the POC was used before coming to the airport, then the Customer must to reset the POC to avoid any residual oxygen in the equipment;
· If POC operates on lithium battery, battery should be removed and carried by Customer as hand baggage. If POC operates on any other type of battery, battery should be removed and packed separately in such a way that battery terminals do not come in contact with any metal objects. Carriage of such batteries will further be subject to applicable regulatory requirements including but not limited to those mentioned under the Aircarft (Carriage of Dangerous Goods) Rules, 2003, International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations.
If POC is to be carried as hand baggage:
· Customers carrying/using the POC on board shall be assigned only a window seat, except on rows 1,12 & 13. Such customers shall not be seated on middle or aisle seats. IndiGo reserves rights to change seats of such customers, if required.
· Such customers must be capable of seeing, hearing and understanding the POC device warnings and should be in a position to take appropriate action, without assistance, in response to those warnings;
· During taxi, take-off and landing the POC, if being used must be stowed under the seat in front.
During an unlikely event of decompression(means in case of decrease of cabin pressure)
Passengers must wear the oxygen mask from the overhead panel as a primary source of oxygen and not their POC, as the oxygen mask would ensure a continuous flow of oxygen and would also minimize the chance/ effects of decompression sickness.
IndiGo’s has a list of FAA approved POCs, such list is indicative and not exhaustive. Please call our call centre or airport operation to clarify if your POC is approved for carriage in our aircraft
15. Customers with certain adverse medical conditions:
· Customers who are ailing from any particular medical condition can travel on IndiGo after giving prior information regarding his/her medical condition, at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight, as per the medical form provided on IndiGo Website, in order for IndiGo to provide complete assistance to such Customer.
· The Customer must also inform IndiGo regarding any hospitalization requirement upon arrival.
· In case a Customer will be accompanied by a safety assistant during travel then his/her name and contact details must also be shared with IndiGo.
· IndiGo would want to mention that its cabin crew are not authorized to give special assistance (e.g. lifting etc.). Further they are trained only in first aid and are not permitted to administer any injection or to give medication. IndiGo neither facilitates nor allows carriage or usage of oxygen cylinders on board.
A customer who has agreed to this Conditions of Carriage agrees and understands that he/she has accepted to undertake the travel on IndiGo on his/her own will and volition and further agrees that IndiGo will not be responsible for any liability other than the liability as specified in the Conditions of Carriage.
Customers requiring stretchers
· To make a Booking for such Customers, requests need to be placed no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure of the flight.
· Customers are required to take a print-out of the IndiGo medical form click here, available on the Website, and have the same filled out by the Customer’s treating physician, prior to making the Booking, and then fax the same to 0124-4068536.
· Customers are required to include their Booking confirmation / PNR number on the fax and the travel Itinerary to ensure correct processing. Based on an assessment of IndiGo’s internal physician, a Booking confirmation will be communicated to the Customer within 24 hours of receipt by IndiGo of the fax.
· Please note that IndiGo reserves the right to have an IndiGo medical representative meet the Customer at the airport on the date of travel to determine the Customer’s medical fitness for travel on that date. The applicable Charges will be for nine (9) seats at the prevailing fare, plus a handling fee as mentioned in Annexure A..
· Our customer service and cabin crew team will provide all the assistance required other than the ones provided by asafety assistant
At IndiGo we strive for utmost customer satisfaction and the teams have been trained to deliver highest level of customer satisfaction. However in the event should you feel dissatisfied about something please don’t
hesitate to reach out to us so that we can make things right if they weren’t. We are reachable to you in more than one way:
Call Center: Call 09910383838 or +911246613838
Nodal Officer: Siddharth Biswakarma
Appellate Authority: Priya Kataria
Contact: +91 124 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Customer Services Manager at various airports shall be more than happy to help you.
17. Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am visually impaired and will be carrying a white cane with me, how shall I inform the airlines?
Kindly contact us at 0124 6613838 if you have any assisting devices. We will find out the best way to store them so they arrive without damage. At the airport, please let the check-in personnel know that you may need extra time to board the plane. After the plane has landed, kindly wait in the plane until you see or have your assisting device, wheelchair, etc.
2. I am visually impaired, can I travel with my guide dog? If yes, what are the formalities involved?
We will make special arrangements for your Guide/Assistance Dog, to ensure they are able to travel with you in the aircraft cabin. Certified Assistance Dogs for blind passengers can travel free of charge in the aircraft cabin. Notify us at 0124 6613838 when travelling with a Guide/Assistance Dog at the time of booking as the number carried on each aircraft is restricted (please refer to our disability assistance page for more information).
3. I will be carrying my own motorized wheelchair, can you advise how shall I go about it?
We will require the dimensions, weight, type of tires, type of batteries, etc. of your wheelchair. We suggest you carry spare batteries. Wheelchair BATTERY may be disconnected due to safety reasons and wet cell batteries are not allowed to be carried on an IndiGo flight. Kindly inform your travel agent/us about any assisting devices you may need or already have like canes and crutches.
4. If I will be traveling through different time zones, how will jet lag affect my situation?
The following should be taken care during your trip: upper body strength, communication ability, speech issues, voice issues, vision problems, hearing problems, heat issues, medication needs, oxygen requirements, and dietary requirements. Make sure you carry your medications and back-up prescriptions with you on the plane, along with the doctors' name, address, fax number for faxing prescriptions, phone numbers, medical diagnosis, names and dosages of medication you're taking and any allergies you may have.
5. How long does it required to apply for a stretcher service in advance?
The seats of the stretcher passenger shall be reserved no later than 72 hours before take-off. In special circumstances, the application of the stretcher passenger submitted within 72 hours before departure can be accepted after it is confirmed by IndiGo. The stretcher passenger must be accompanied by at least one doctor or paramedic. If the doctor certifies that the patient doesn't need medical care during the trip, the passenger can also be accompanied by family members or guardians. Currently we have stretcher facilities on our domestic flights.