IndiGo offers special services for the following:
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users or passengers using wheelchairs,
- Crutches / braces / other prosthetic devices;
- Passengers with Visual Impairment,
- Human remains, and
- Customers requiring stretchers.
Such Customers are required to mention the requirement of these services at the time of making the Booking. IndiGo reserves the right to deny these services to Customers if not requested in advance.
Infants – – For safety reasons, children under the age of 2 years (“Infants”), as of the last date of travel, cannot travel in their own seat and must be seated in an adult's lap. Infants not occupying a seat are subject to a fee of INR 1000 (or equivalent in foreign currency) per Sector and is inclusive of all taxes, fees and surcharges. A maximum of one Infant is allowed per adult. No baby / car seats or push chairs are allowed in the aircraft cabin. No extra seats may be booked for Infants, and Infants do not qualify for free hand baggage allowance.
Minors – Children under the age of 5 must be accompanied by an adult companion at all times. Children aged between the ages of 5 and 12 must be accompanied by companion aged 16 years or more. Unaccompanied minors, aged 5-12, will be accepted for travel under the following conditions, and upon payment of an additional fee of INR 1500 per Sector:
- A parent or guardian is required to complete a signed indemnity form at the point of check-in at each departure airport prior to travel, which must include the name and contact numbers for a parent or guardian who will meet the unaccompanied minor at the point of arrival;
- Valid photo-ID for both the unaccompanied minor and the parent or guardian is required at the point of check-in;
- The parent or guardian must remain at the airport until the flight has departed.
Pregnant Women – In case of normal pregnancies, expectant mothers till the end of 32 weeks of pregnancy may be permitted to fly on IndiGo flights provided there are no prior complications. Certificate(s) from the treating obstetrician is required stating the number of weeks the pregnancy has advanced and that the Customer is fit to travel by air. Customers are required to fill an indemnity bond at the airport before the flight.
Wheelchair users or passengers using wheelchairs – If the Customer needs wheelchair assistance at the airport, please request IndiGo at least 24 hours in advance. The inventory is limited to 4 per flight. IndiGo allows only manual / collapsible wheelchairs on all its flights. Powered wheelchair(s) with a wet cell battery shall not be accepted. If the Customer wishes to use their own wheelchair at the airport, they are permitted to do so up to the aircraft, whereupon it will be stored in the in the hold.
Crutches / braces / other prosthetic devices – Customers are allowed to use their own crutches, braces and / or other prosthetic devices up to the aircraft, and may board such items as cabin Baggage, provided the Customers are dependent on them.
Passengers with Visual Impairment -
- IndiGo would request passengers with Visual Impairment to check-in early for their flight (approximately 2-3 hours before flight departure) for a hassle free experience.
- If assistance is required within the airport, please identify your needs at check-in or at the time of booking. IndiGo will be able to extend a meet and assist service to the guest to help in boarding, deplaning and also during flight connections.
- Visually impaired Customers travelling with their guide dog, should make his/her reservation via the IndiGo call centre and provide us notice that a guide dog will be travelling. Please note that guide dogs for our visually impaired Customers may not occupy any seat. The Customer is required to bring a moisture absorbent mat, to place it under the guide dog. Further, the guide dog should be properly trained, restrained and muzzled. A meet and assist service can be provided, if assistance is required at departure and on arrival.
Human Remains - Carriage of human remains shall be only under special arrangement with IndiGo Cargo, and is subject to meeting all shipping conditions and furnishing medical certificate/death certificate/police certificate, as may be necessary. The party responsible for shipment shall make all the necessary arrangements for carriage of the human remains in a coffin or urn suitable for shipment prior to arrival at the loading point. Human remains shall under no circumstances be carried in the passenger cabin. Human remains may be transported in the baggage hold of IndiGo aircraft subject to the conditions laid down by DGCA or local laws. For further details and carriage of human remains, please contact IndiGo Cargo at 011-32632077.
Customers requiring stretchers - To make a Booking for such Customers, requests need to be placed no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure of the flight. Customers are required to take a print-out of the IndiGo medical form, available on the Website, and have the same filled out by the Customer’s treating physician, prior to making the Booking, and then fax the same to 0124-4068536. Customers are required to include their Booking confirmation / PNR number on the fax and the travel Itinerary to ensure correct processing. Based on an assessment of IndiGo’s internal physician, a Booking confirmation will be communicated to the Customer within 24 hours of receipt by IndiGo of the fax. Please note that IndiGo reserves the right to have an IndiGo medical representative meet the Customer at the airport on the date of travel to determine the Customer’s medical fitness for travel on that date. The applicable charge will be for nine (9) seats at the prevailing fare, plus a handling fee of INR 30,000 (inclusive of service tax and cess).
Currently IndiGo does not have provisions for accommodating pets (except