1. What type of aircraft does IndiGo fly?
IndiGo operates one type of aircraft: brand new Airbus A320-200s, seating 180 passengers.
2. Where does IndiGo fly?
We serve 28 cities within India and 5 cities (Bangkok, Dubai, Kathmandu, Muscat and Singapore) internationally with 411 daily flights.
Check-in procedures at IndiGo...
1. How do I check-in?
Travel within India: Customer check-in at the airport opens 2 hours before, and closes 45 minutes prior to, scheduled departure. Boarding gates close 30 minutes prior to departure at all airports. Customers may check-in online at goindigo.in from 48 hours until 2 hours prior to scheduled departure. This facility is for passenger with hand baggage only.
For travel sectors, originating or terminating outside India: Customer check-in at the airport opens 4 hours before, and closes 75 minutes prior to, scheduled departure. Boarding gates close 45 minutes prior to departure at all airports.
2. What is required to enter the airport terminal and check-in at the counter?
Travel within India: To enter the airport terminal and check-in at the IndiGo Counter, each Customer must provide a print-out of their itinerary along with a valid photo identity
Important Information: In addition to valid photo identification customers may be required to present the credit\debit card or a photo copy of card used to pay for their booking, at check-in.
The following are considered to be valid photo identification documents:
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driving License
- Election Photo Identification Card
- PAN card issued by the Income Tax department.
- Photo identity card issued by the employer, being government and reputed private
- Children traveling on IndiGo should carry their school identification cards or any
other photo identification proof along with them.
- Valid birth certificates of infants need to be produced at the time of check-in
for age proof.
Customers who cannot provide sufficient identification will be denied boarding.
For all sectors originating or terminating outside India, except to and from Nepal, the passport will be the only form of identification allowed. All Customers, including children and Infants, must present a valid passport and visa (if applicable) at check-in. It is passengers responsibility to ensure appropriate travel documents are arranged and produced whenever required.
Important Information: In addition to above passengers may be required to present the credit\debit card or a photo copy of credit\debit card used to pay for their booking, at check-in.
3.Can I be denied boarding if my name or title on the booking does not match the details on my photo identity card?
Yes, boarding can be denied if the name or title on the itinerary does not match the name on the identity card.
4.I am a foreign national, do I need to meet any specific requirements while travelling in India?
Only if you are travelling to Imphal, you are required to carry a Protected Area Permit, issued by the Home Department of Manipur after getting the approval from Ministry of Home, Govt of India. The Permit also specifies the passport number and duration of stay in the stated city. As per the Govt of India directive IndiGo is entitled to deny boarding rights to any Foreign National in the absence of a valid Protected Area Permit and the entire amount would be forfeited.
Payments / Refunds:
1.How can I pay for a reservation?
You can make payment:
- On website – by login on to www.goindigo.in. You can use Visa, Master & American Express credit cards and select debit cards.
- At Call centre – you can pay by credit card.
- At Airport – you can pay by credit card or cash if the payable currency of the reservation is the operating currency of the country. For e.g. if a reservation is made in Dihrams, you can pay by cash or swipe your card in Dubai.
2.My credit account is in Dhirams, (AED), valid for 12 months, how do I use it for my reservation, which is made in Singapore Dollar (SGD).
Credit account can be used for any reservation by converting it to the equivalent currency at the time of booking. You can call our 24 X7 call centre, verify details and use the credit account. The conversion is an approximate value taken by IndiGo.
3.I paid my reservation by cash, and have credit account, can you please refund it?
Yes, we can refund the credit account, in the currency paid for the reservation in the respective country. For eg, if you have paid cash – Dihrams, at Dubai airport, cash will be given out in form of Dihrams only in Dubai, and not any other airport.
1. How much baggage can I carry with me?
IndiGo allows free Checked Baggage up to 20kgs per adult and child (any Customer above 2 yrs of age). Free checked baggage allowance for travel to and from Dubai and Muscat is up to 30kgs per adult and child. The dimensions of the checked Baggage should not to exceed 158 cm (62 inches) in overall dimensions (L+W+H). A flat rate per kilogram as shown in the below grid based on departure station per Sector (inclusive of service tax and cess) would be charged towards excess Baggage.
Domestic Sector : Rs.250 per Kg
(Except Rs 250 for Kathmandu)
Hand Baggage is accepted in the cabin subject to the availability of space in the overhead bin. IndiGo provides you the ability to leave your Cabin Baggage at the side of the aircraft prior to departure and to reclaim it at the side of the aircraft after arrival.
You may carry a maximum of one piece of Cabin Baggage, as defined by Bureau Of Civil Aviation Security (“BCAS”) guidelines with an additional restriction of maximum weight not exceeding 7.0 kg and not exceeding length 55cm + width 35cm + height 25cm in size. You can additionally carry a ladies’ hand bag or a laptop (without bag) in Cabin Baggage
Due to airport security regulations, no Cabin Baggage is allowed on any flights from Jammu and Srinagar
2. What items are not permitted to be carried on board an IndiGo flight?
In addition to articles prohibited from carriage in checked baggage (see below), for safety reasons, and subject to applicable laws, carriage of dry cell batteries, knives, scissors, sharp instruments, tools, fire arms, ammunition, their toy replicas and explosives etc., are prohibited for carriage in cabin baggage.
Medicines and toiletries in limited quantities which are necessary or appropriate for the Customer during the journey, such as hair sprays, perfumes and medicines containing alcohol may be carried.
Passengers will be permitted to carry one clear transparent reseal able litre sized plastic bag containing small quantities of liquid items/gels/pastes or items of a similar consistency required for the duration of the journey. The contents will be subject to screening and security checks.
Liquids/gels/aerosols include but are not limited to beverages, shampoos, suntan lotions, creams, toothpastes, hair gels, hair sprays and items of a similar consistency.
The contents of Baggage must comply with IndiGo's security guidelines about permissible objects.
3 . What items are not permitted to be carried in checked baggage?
The following articles are prohibited from carriage in the Baggage due to safety
IndiGo recommends that all medication, valuables and precious items (cameras, jewellery, money, electronics, etc.) and items which are fragile or perishable should be carried in Cabin Baggage and not in Checked Baggage. IndiGo shall not accept any responsibility for these items.
- Compressed gasses: deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous such as butane oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders and compressed gas cylinders.
- Corrosives such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries and apparatus containing mercury.
- Explosives, munitions, fireworks and flares, ammunition including blank cartridges handguns, fire works, pistol caps.
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter refills, lighter fuel, matches, paints, thinners, fire-lighters, lighters that need inverting before ignition, matches (these may be carried on the person), radioactive material, briefcases and attaché case with installed alarm devices.
- Oxidizing materials such as bleaching powder and peroxides.
- Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials.
- Fish (including, sea food), animals, birds, insects in any form, whether live and/or dead and/or frozen and/or dried.
- Anything that possesses and/or is capable of possessing and/or emitting a conspicuous and/or offensive odour.
- Other dangerous articles such as magnetized materials, offensive or irritating materials.
4.What if I have a fragile or odd-sized item or need special assistance?
If you wish to carry an oversized item on board, which will fit safely in a seat, you must purchase an additional seat on that flight, subject to availability and applicable fares. IndiGo reserves the right to refuse to carry any large pieces which we feel may present a safety risk.
A Customer requiring a fully collapsible wheelchair and/or a pair of crutches and/or braces or other prosthetic device may board such items as Cabin Baggage, provided that the Customer is dependent upon them.
5. What other security regulations apply to baggage?
According to security regulations, Customers are advised:
- Not to accept any packets from unknown persons.
- Not to leave Baggage unobserved at any time, especially within airport area.
- Unattended Baggage may be removed by Airport Security Staff as object of suspicion
- To declare before Baggage screening or check-in if carrying any arms or explosive substance. Concealment is an offence under Aircraft Act and Rules.
- To carry only one piece of Cabin Baggage, the sum of the three dimensions (length, breadth and height) of which should not exceed 115 cm.
- All baggage should be clearly labeled with Customer's name, address and contact details.
Please note that Battery cells / Dry cells carried in the Cabin Baggage or in any electrical/ electronic items are liable to be removed and IndiGo may not be in a position to return such removed items same at the Customer's destination. IndiGo recommends that such items be carried in Checked Baggage.
1. What onboard services will IndiGo offer?
To keep fares always affordable, IndiGo has designed a clean, comfortable and reliable airline without costly frills that put upward pressure on fares.
2. Will food be served?
Yes. IndiGo offers a selection of food and beverages for sale onboard which includes vegetarian & non-vegetarian wraps, malabar parathas, sandwiches, flavored cashew nuts, cakes, potato sticks and samosas (veg. only).
In beverages, IndiGo offers a choice of healthy juices, thirst-quenching lemonade and aerated beverages. For passengers with special needs, IndiGo offers a choice of sugar-free health bars and drinks. Passengers can now purchase individual bottle of natural spring water. Complimentary drinking water is offered on all IndiGo flights.
On sectors originating or terminating outside India, liquor may be served on select sectors.
3. Can I carry my own food onboard to eat?
Yes. Allowed food items include cold snacks, non-alcoholic drinks, snack bars and biscuits. For the convenience of our customers, messy, oily or smelly food items are not allowed onboard.
4. Will IndiGo have air conditioned buses to take people to the aircraft?
Yes. IndiGo offers new, comfortable, air conditioned buses.
5. Can I interline my IndiGo flight with other domestic and/or international airlines?
IndiGo does not connect from one IndiGo flight to another or to other airlines and is not responsible for any losses incurred by passengers while trying to connect to or from other airlines or IndiGo flights.
On certain specific and select sectors, IndiGo offers connectivity between two IndiGo operated flight segments ("Connected Segments/Routes") (by way of example, Chennai – Kolkata– Guwahati, in which case, Chennai is the point of origin, Kolkata, the point of transit and Guwahati, the final destination).
Any bookings with respect to the Connected Segments/Routes shall be required to be booked in advance and both segments in the the Connected Segments/Route shall be confirmed on the same PNR or Confirmation Number and will be identified by a single surcharge component.
1. Will I be contacted in advance if my flight is delayed?
If you have provided us your SMS-capable mobile phone number when booking, then IndiGo will notify you in advance through Short Messaging Service (SMS) on your mobile phone.
2. What is IndiGo's policy if a flight is cancelled?
IndiGo reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or delay the commencement or continuance of a flight or to alter the stopping place or to deviate from the route of the journey or to change the type of aircraft in use without incurring any liability in damages or otherwise to the Customers or any other person whatsoever. Sometimes circumstances beyond IndiGo’s control result in flight delays or cancellations. In such circumstances, IndiGo reserves the right to cancel or delay a flight without prior notice. Circumstances beyond IndiGo’s control can include, without limitation, weather; air traffic control; mechanical failures; acts of terrorism; acts of nature; force majeure; strikes; riots; wars; hostilities; disturbances; governmental regulations, orders, demands or requirements; shortages of critical manpower, parts or materials; labour unrest; etc. IndiGo does not connect to other airlines and is not responsible for any losses incurred by Customers while trying to connect to or from other airlines.
If an IndiGo flight is cancelled, rescheduled or delayed for more than two/three hours (depending on the length of the journey), a Customer shall have to right to choose a refund; or a credit for future travel on IndiGo; or re-booking onto an alternative IndiGo flight at no additional cost subject to availability.
In the special case in which a subsequent portion of an IndiGo flight is cancelled while a Customer is already in transit, a Customer shall have the right to choose to remain at the transit station and to be re-booked onto an alternative IndiGo flight to the final destination at no additional cost subject to availability; or to remain at the transit station and accept a partial refund for the portion of the flight not completed; or to return to the point of origin and receive a refund; or a credit for future travel on IndiGo; or re-booking onto an alternative IndiGo flight at no additional cost subject to availability.
We strongly recommend all passengers to provide correct phone and email address, to enable us to inform in unforeseen cases of flight delays or cancellations.
Any compensation arising out of cancellation or delay of flights will be processed as per DGCA guideline outlined in Civil Aviation Requirement, Section -3, Series M Part IV. To know more click here. .
Passengers who have not provided valid contact information at the time of booking may not be entitled for any compensation.
In case of delay or cancellation of a flight operated as part of the Connected Segments/Route scheme, the following shall apply:
- In case of delay or cancellation of the flight at the point of origin which leads to the possibility of a missed connection at the point of transit, the passenger shall have to right to choose a refund; or a credit for future travel on IndiGo; or re-booking onto an alternative IndiGo flight at no additional cost subject to availability.
- In case of a delay or cancellation of the connecting flight at the point of transit, IndiGo will, at its discretion and subject to availability of seats, first offer the passenger the option to travel on the next IndiGo flight, or that of another airline or if either options cannot materialize, then at its discretion, provide lodging for overnight stay to the passenger at the point of transit, ground transportation to and fro the airport and hotel and dinner.
IndiGo's Customer Relations department may be contacted via email..
1.Who can I contact at IndiGo with feedback or comments?
IndiGo's Customer Relations department may be contacted via email email@example.com with feedback,
comments or concerns.
1.What is Verified by Visa (VBV) or MasterCard Secure Code (MSC)?
VBV and MSC are service offered by Visa and MasterCard that allows you to complete
online transaction securely. By authenticating and verifying your credit card details
with an additional password it reduces the possibility of credit card fraud. This
service is free of charge for you, the credit card holder.
2. How do I register?
If you have a Visa or MasterCard go to your respective bank’s website where you will be asked to follow a simple step by step procedure to register for Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure Code. After entering your credit card details you will be asked to create a password that will be used every time you make an online payment. Once complete you can continue making payments online.
3. What if I have an American Express card?
If you have an American Express card you will get an one-time password from your bank as a security measure which you need to feed in on the payment page with your bank in order to process your payment. .
4. How do I make a payment on the IndiGo website?
- Choose your desired flight plans and proceed to make a reservation where you will enter your credit card details such as name of cardholder, card number, expiry date, and CVV.
- IndiGo will connect to your credit card issuing bank’s website to verify if your card is secured by Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode.
- A bank window will appear requesting a password.
- Once your password is verified you will be automatically directed back to IndiGo’s reservation page to complete your booking.
5.What if I have a VISA Debit Card?
With the launch of this authentication system, many debit cards can also be used as credit cards on our website thereby increasing the convenience of making payments for your IndiGo bookings. Be sure to register them using Verified by Visa with your respective bank as well.
6. What if my bank doesn’t offer
Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode?
It is mandatory for all credit cards issued in India to be verified by one of these authentication services. If you are banking with an India bank and they do not offer this service we ask that you use an alternate credit card or different payment option. If your card is issued outside of India, your transaction will process without registering for one of the services.
To continue to enjoy a hassle-free booking experience with added security, make sure to register for the above service (if you have a MasterCard or Visa Debit/Credit Card) with your respective bank.
Click on the following link below to learn more and begin registration with your